7th Annual Trendlines Company Showcase — 29 March 2017
The hundreds of attendees from around the world at our 7th Annual Company Showcase on 29 March 2017 learned lessons about the “Waze journey” from Waze co-founder and keynote speaker Uri Levine. They gained insights into Trendlines’ deal flow selection process, heard presentations from nine of our medical and agtech portfolio companies, networked, and mingled in the beautiful venue on a bright spring day.
I enjoyed the showcase very much, found most presentations extremely interesting. Furthermore, the location was beautiful and the food was excellent!
I feel that it was indeed successful, fun, great vibe overall and informative.
I think Trendlines did an excellent job in selecting the venue, the time of year, and organization of the showcase.
Download the program booklet (PDF).
9:15 Welcome and introductions
9:30 Keynote address: Uri Levine, passionate serial entrepreneur and disruptor, co-founder of Waze Read Uri’s bio.
10:15 The Trendlines investment formula, presented by Trendlines Medical VP New Ventures Yuval Almougy and Trendlines Agtech VP Jonathan Henen
10:25 Company presentations, each followed by a one-on-one conversation between the CEO and a guest interviewer
11:50 Company presentations, each followed by a one-on-one conversation between the CEO and a guest interviewer
12:30 Networking and meetings with entrepreneurs
13:00 Buffet lunch
- Lior Aviram, Partner, Shibolet & Co. Law Firm
- Robert Grossman, Shareholder; Co-Chair, Israel Practice, Greenberg Traurig
- Prof. Dr. Boris Hofmann, VP Business Development, Aesculap (B. Braun)
- Morris Laster, M.D. Biomedical Entrepreneur, Medical Venture Partner, OurCrowd
- Gerald Ong, CEO, PrimePartners Corporate Finance
- Hedva Schickler, Ph.D., Partner, Webb & Co.
- Barry Schindler, Shareholder; Co-Chair, Global Patent Prosecution Group, Greenberg Traurig
- Marshall Sonenshine, Managing Partner and Founder, Sonenshine Partners
- Limor Ganot, Managing Partner, Gefen Capital
Presenting Companies: Medical
- 1st time at the Showcase! Escala Medical | Nonsurgical, mesh-free repair for pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
- FDA and CE! Gordian Surgical | Novel trocar with integrated closure system
- 1st time at the Showcase! OrthoSpin | Smart external fixation system
- New! Tandem Technologies | Removal and retrieval of polyps in the colon
- New! Zeev Implants | Modular dental implants
- New company in women’s health! atTerm Medical | Preterm labor prevention
Presenting Companies: Agtech
- Sales in Asia! BioFishency | All-in-one water treatment system for aquaculture
- New! InPlant Technologies | Improved mobility of agrochemical active ingredients in plants
- New! MetoMotion | Multipurpose robotic system in greenhouse vegetable production
Meet the Keynote Speaker: Uri Levine
A passionate serial entrepreneur and disruptor, Uri Levine has been involved in the high-tech industry for the last 30 years, with half of those in the start-up scene. He has “seen everything” from failure to middle success, to extreme success. Uri’s consumer services-focused agenda has one objective: to “create a lot of value to a lot of users” like saving money and time and empowering the consumer. In other words, doing good and doing well.
He co-founded Waze, the world’s largest driving traffic and navigation app, with more than 250 million drivers around the globe, which was acquired by Google on June 2013 for more than $1.1 billion.
After Waze, Uri co-founded and remains active chairman at FeeX, which “addresses the biggest secret in the world”: the $600 billion of financial fees that no one knows they’re paying. FeeX enables users to recover hundreds of thousands of dollars in retirement savings and long-term investment plans.
In addition to FeeX, Uri is a co-founder and board member in half a dozen start-ups:
- Chairman and first investor: Zeek, a marketplace for unused store credit, addressing $100 billion of lost store credits every year
- Godfounder: Roomer, a marketplace for non-refundable hotel reservations, $20 billion in annual losses
- Founder, chairman, 1st investor: FairFly, addressing what happens to airfare after the booking and allowing rebooking the same flight or better once the price drops
- 1st member of the board: Moovit, like Waze but for public transportation; serving about 50 million passengers in more than 1,000 cities around the globe
- Founder, chairman, 1st investor: Engie, dealing with the frustration and helplessness at the (car) mechanic; app connects to the car’s computer, runs diagnostics, and gathers info for a quotation before going to the garage to empower the driver
- Founder, chairman, 1st investor: FairSale, helping consumers get the sale price for anything they buy even when not on sale; recovering $130 billion “left on the table”
Trendlines flags line the entrance to the conference venue at Kibbutz Shefayim. Trendlines launched its rebranded logo, colors, and its galactic theme at the Showcase.
Todd Dollinger kicks off the 7th Annual Trendlines Company Showcase.
Attendees at the 7th Annual Trendlines Company Showcase, 29 March 2017, Kibbutz Shefayim.
Keynote speaker Uri Levine, co-founder of Waze, describes the Waze “journey” and the lessons learned along the way.
Networking during the break at the 7th Annual Showcase.
Trendlines Chairmen and CEOs Steve Rhodes and Todd Dollinger.
Let the registration begin.
The Showcase essentials: conference booklet and attendee tags.
For the first time, the Showcase featured a dedicated WiFi network.
Hundreds of attendees fill the hall at the Showcase.
Attendees were treated to an abundance of food at breakfast, during the breaks, and at the buffet lunch.
CEO Trendlines Incubators Israel Nitza Kardish starts the company presentation segment of the Showcase.
Showcase keynoter Uri Levine described his personal “journey” with Waze.
Showcase attendees listen to Uri’s keynote address.
VP New Ventures Trendlines Medical Yuval Almougy and Trendlines Agtech VP Jonathan Henen describe Trendlines’ deal flow selection process.
Beautiful spring weather …
… combined with the beautiful venue for networking perfection!
Gathering around Leviticus Cardio during the networking session.
Trendlines Medical Singapore CEO Eric Loh takes time out for an interview.
Members of the Chinese delegation at registration.
Trendlines IR Director Judy Kleinman (left) and Chairman and CEO Steve Rhodes (center) with members of the Singaporean analyst delegation.
Members of the Chinese delegation with Trendlines VP Business Development Moshe Katznelson (center).
Steve Rhodes greets Reyna Mei (center) of Financial PR and an analyst.
Trendlines Medical VP Business Development Barak Singer and Trendlines Incubators Israel CEO Nitza Kardish with InPlant Technologies CEO Lenore Shoham.
Trendlines Agtech Business Development Debbie Yerushalmy meets Greenberg Traurig’s Bob Grossman (left) and ViAqua CEO Shai Einbinder.
Trendlines Medical Business Development Andi Chai before the start of the Showcase.
Trendlines CTO Shahar Harari and Trendlines Medical VP New Ventures Yuval Almougy.
Members of the Trendlines Labs team (left to right), including CEO Yosi Hazan, Dotan Tromer, Arnon Hadas, and Avshalom Shenhav.
Chairman and CEO Todd Dollinger and Director of Trendlines Beijing Office Eddy Wang.
Trendlines Operations Manager Irit Catz greets Showcase attendees.
Trendlines CTO Shahar Harari, Trendlines Agtech VP Business Development Sarai Kemp, and Trendlines Agtech VP Jonathan Henen.