Equinom – Business Development Manager, North America
The Equinom team is seeking an outstanding individual to contribute to business development activities that support Equinom’s solutions and portfolio of next-generation, plant-based functional ingredients. Reporting to the EVP Global Business Development and Innovation, this position is responsible for identifying and prioritizing new business opportunities, executing against company-wide initiatives, responsible for driving territory revenue and profit performance. The successful sales executive will be an organized, proficient, business development professional that will secure new customers and maintain existing customer relationships. The ideal candidate has excellent sales, business development, and organizational skills to contribute to the growth of a fast-paced ingredient company and has an outstanding record of impactful contributions.
What will you do?
- Execute the sales and business development strategy and delivery of revenue targets and key objectives
- Contribute to and develop growth plans and provide updates on progress vs plan
- Secure prospective customer appointments through targeted prospecting and other selling strategies
- Execute appropriate activity and meet with prospective customers to secure their business.
- Proactively collaborates with leadership, operations, and R&D teams
- Documents all customer visits and status of activity utilizing the CRM system.
Who are you?
- Knowledgeable about the food and ingredient eco-system in North America, specific knowledge of the plant-based foods landscape is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for sales, business administration/management marketing, and/or other business development-related fields or equivalent experience.
- An outstanding record of multi-year, successful sales cycles and innovative business development of a technical nature within the ingredient and food industries.
- Able to leverage market insights and trends to develop innovative solutions
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, ability to influence decision-makers at all levels of organizations
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to coordinate multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision and self-starting work style
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external customers, collaborators, and strategic partners
- Works well in a diverse team environment and is capable of affecting leadership in a cross-functional matrix organization
- Excellent problem solver, capable of responding quickly to evolving priorities, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-moving environment
- Proficient with MS Office and the latest business development and sales tactics, excellent documentation and project management skills
- Comfortable traveling domestically and internationally as required
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license