Equinom – Data scientist
The company seeks a data scientist to lead the development of the next generation of advanced analytics to accelerate the development of seed products optimized for field performance and value-added quality traits.
- Develop prototype level research for predictive seed product discovery consuming diverse high-throughput data sets from the field, genomics, and biochemistry laboratories.
- Bring data science perspective to value-added seed product development through experimental design and algorithms development.
- Play a leading role in guiding colleagues in breeding, agronomy, genomics, and biochemistry in applying Bayesian and machine learning tools for accelerating the development of value-added seed products.
- Plan experiments to generate new datasets for application in predictive breeding for enhancing the nutritional quality in multiple crops.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of automated procedures for analyzing data and delivering products for increased efficiency and accuracy of breeding programs.
- Ph.D. in Quantitative Genetics, Computational Biology, Plant Breeding, or relevant fields.
- Proven ability to handle disparate data sets in both structured and unstructured formats related to genomics, breeding and food biochemistry.
- Proven experience developing and applying advanced analytic methods in an industry breeding setting.
- Direct experience in analyzing complex and diverse datasets that aid product development.
- Proficient in applying advanced deep/machine learning AI analytics (CNN, NLP, Clustering, RF, SVM, etc.) and deep learning frameworks.
- Proficient in programming languages (Python, R, etc.) and experience in applying visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
Apply to: email@example.com