PlanetWatchers – Remote sensing scientist
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to observe the earth from above, and thought about what crazy things can be extracted from satellite data? Are you fascinated by the value that this kind of data can provide? Are you a curious person who is thrilled to find and develop new methods and solutions?
PlanetWatchers is a hot startup, and we’re seeking a Remote Sensing Scientist to join our growing remote sensing team in our Tel Aviv offices.
About your Duties:
- Work as part of our great remote sensing technology team
- Master python tools for time series and spatial analyses
- Master GIS tools (GEE, Arc/QGIS) to carried out image collection analysis
- Master data analysis and visualization
- Work closely with pipeline and data science teams to build scalable products
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Great social skills and ability to work in a team
- Able to work independently
- Three years experience in working with python/R for data analysis
- Three years experience in working with geospatial data (rasters and vectors)
- Three years experience in working with GIS softwares (QGIS/Arc/GEE)
- Working experience with SAR images
- Working experience with multi-spectral images
- Accomplished remote sensing and gis academic courses or equivalent experience.
- Three years of experience in working with relevant python tools (pandas, geopandas, numpy, rasterio/gdal-python, matplotlib, scikit-learn)
About your place of work:
We want you to be comfortable in your new role and we want to stay safe in these challenging times. This role is based in our Tel Aviv office with partial remote working options.
To apply for this vacancy, please attach your CV/Resume and send it to email@example.com, specify ‘remote sensing scientist, position 2’