Gordian Surgical has developed TroClose, a port access-closure system that offers surgeons a simple, secure, and safe solution to open and close the abdominal wall during laparoscopic (minimally invasive) procedures.
- Mechanical design of technology in the field of laparoscopic medical devices.
- Provide innovative solutions that require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Responsible for design and development through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering and documentation practices.
- Analyze, Prototype, document, test, and iterate designs.
- Lead the product development life cycle from concept to feasibility, risk analysis, prototyping, design, implementation, and validation of fully functional devices or components.
- Write and review R&D documentation, including requirements, test protocols, analysis of test results, and report generation.
- Hands-on activities such as Assembly, testing, and managing subcontractors and suppliers.
- Participation in concept consolidation, brainstorming, and company teamwork
- Write and review R&D documentation, including requirements, test protocols, analysis of test results, and report generation
- Brilliant mechanical engineer with 3-4 years of experience in mechanical design.
- Experience with SolidWorks of at least 3 years – must
- Hands-on lab work and assembly.
- Experience in design for plastic injection – an advantage.
- Experience in SolidWorks surfaces modeling – an advantage.
- Experience in complex mechanisms design -an advantage.
- Experience in the medical device field- an advantage.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Logical and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Passionate about solving challenging technical problems & strong mechanical intuition.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with attention to detail.