Saturas Ltd is developing an advanced Decision Support System (DSS) for precision irrigation and crop water stress measurement based on its groundbreaking miniature SWP (Stem Water Potential) sensor that is embedded in the trunks of trees, vines, and plants, in direct contact with the water tissue. SWP is a sensitive physiological indicator that integrates both soil and climatic conditions and is widely recognized as a highly accurate indicator for determining the crop water status. Our sensing system automatically collects data using a minimal number of sensors per hectare. It transmits the processed data to the central automated irrigation control system and allows to tailor irrigation to the real-time water needs, resulting in more efficient water use and increased fruit production and quality.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The Agronomist will provide continuous monitoring of installed systems and site performance (in field visits and remote monitoring).
- The Candidate maintains regular contact with all Customers to update them regarding site status and performance of installed units.
- Acts as the Customer point of contact for Saturas USA and assures a continuous communication with upper management and fellow team members.
- The Agronomist leads and manages the Daily faults and Pressure Chamber Measurements and relays the job tasks to all team members.
- The Candidate is responsible for the dealers and strategic partners training.
- When needed, the Agronomist works as part of the technical team to conduct installations and other required in-field activities.
Location: California, USA
- Three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in agriculture or a similar field of study.
- A Master’s degree or four-year degree is a benefit but not required
- Knowledge of physiology and agronomic practices in woody perennial crops such as almonds, stone fruit, citrus, grapevines, walnuts, pistachios, and others.
- Ability to write, read and analyze, technical procedures.
- Can speak English clearly and can stand in front of an audience and deliver a presentation- A Must
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- The candidate should have proven communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Able to work independently to accomplish maintenance needs.
- Technically proficient with basic tools and able to safely use them.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present the company’s technology in front of an audience (physically and virtually), and respond to requests and questions from managers, team members, partners/dealers, and customers.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Must be able to operate a computer using Windows-based programs including word, excel, outlook and any other required programming.