Five Trendlines portfolio companies awarded total ~€8 million in Horizon 2020 grants
We are pleased to announce that in 2018 and the first six months of 2019 five of our portfolio companies were chosen to receive prestigious Horizon 2020 grants.
Horizon 2020 is “the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market.”
Only a small percentage of applicants receive grants for “world-class science,” company leadership, and solutions that “tackle societal challenges.” According to an EU study released in December 2017, only 12.6% of applications were approved in the program’s first three years.*
The program gives Israeli researchers, start-ups, and innovators access to European partners and the extensive European research infrastructure.
These Trendlines portfolio companies received Horizon 2020 grants, each exceeding €1 million:
- GreenSpense developed a gas-free, high-pressure continuous dispensing solution based on breakthroughs in elastomer technology and materials engineering.
- Saturas developed an Advanced Decision Support System (ADSS) for precision irrigation based on its miniature Stem Water Potential (SWP) sensor. See the announcement from Saturas about the award.
- ElastiMed developed a device using smart material-based technology mimicking rhythmic calf muscle contractions to improve circulation.
- liberDi developed an all-in-one portable dialysis device providing scalable digital and safe self-care anywhere.
- ProArc Medical developed the ClearRing solution to treat symptoms caused by enlarged prostate.
We’re extremely proud of the five companies that received non-dilutive funding grants through Horizon 2020. This achievement indicates a strong endorsement of their technological progress and promise. The grants affirm the companies’ excellence and innovation in their respective fields and provide funding to assist them in bringing their technologies to market.
Trendlines Chairman and CEO Steve Rhodes
*HORIZON 2020 in full swing: Three years on (PDF)
Eco-friendly GreeenSpense technology opens new horizons for brand differentiation via design freedom and creativity for continuous dispensing packaging.
ElastiMed’s smart material-based technology mimic smart rhythmic calf muscle contractions to improve circulation.
The miniature Saturas stem-water potential (SWP) sensor is embedded in the trunks of trees or vines.
Nurses from the Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun-yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China, take a close look at liberDi’s portable dialysis device during a demonstration by CEO Hezkiah Tsoory.
ProArc’s ClearRing introduces a potential treatment option for men with enlarged prostate who have tried drugs and want to avoid surgery.