The Trendlines Group Trendletter October 2019
… FruitSpec closes $4 million round … Fidmi Medical and OrthoSpin receive FDA … Leviticus receives ICMT award … Phytolon is a FoodTech 2019 finalist …
These medical and agtech portfolio companies are now funding:
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Fidmi Medical received FDA clearance for its low-profile enteral feeding device. In other news … the Company announced its collaboration with CoapTech.
- The FDA designated Leviticus Cardio’s FiVAD as a “breakthrough device.”
- OrthoSpin received FDA clearance for its smart robotic external fixation system.
- Gordian Surgical’s exclusive distributor in Panama has won the tender to supply Panama’s social security hospitals with the TroClose1200 access-closure system.
- Phytolon is one of the 11 FoodTech 2019 finalists (Hebrew). The winning start-up will be announced on 28 October 2019. FoodTech is sponsored by Calcalist and Tnuva.
Trendlines Chairman and CEO Todd Dollinger is a distinguished speaker at SFF x SWITCH 2019, Singapore, 11-15 November 2019. The Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF) and Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH) “form a comprehensive showcase of innovative technologies across five key sectors.”
See the gallery below for more conference news.
AgroScout CEO Simcha Shore presented at Oracle OpenWorld, San Francisco, 16-19 September 2019.
Trendlines Agrifood Innovation Centre CEO Anton Wibowo (far right) with the conference organizer and industry speakers at the Food Security and the Career Opportunity of Startups event organized by the Faculty of Science of National University of Singapore, 19 September 2019.
Phytolon Senior Scientist Tal Zeltzer, PhD (center), answers questions during FoodTech IL, part of Israel’s AgriFood Week, 22-26 September, 2019.
FruitSpec Co-Founder Nir Margalit (center) demonstrates the company’s “sensor pods” to AgriVest tour participants, 25 September 2019.
Hargol FoodTech CEO Dror Tamir (2nd from right) on the panel, Alternative Proteins: Trend or Transition, at the Feeding the Future event, London, 26 September 2019.